Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd’s (R-Jio) digital wallet app JioMoney has made their debut on Google Play Store. JioMoney is a semi-closed prepaid wallet that aims to enable mobile-based transactions, where customers can load money to their wallet, store it and which can be used for many purposes. Jio Money can be used to recharge mobile phone, dth recharge and all other recharges. Also Jio Money can be used as merchant payment over 55k+ stores.
Customers can use JioMoney’s digital wallet, a Jio Money card or any other credit/debit card directly from the wallet to pay merchant seamlessly and instantly. JioMoney digital wallet also gives consumers the option of opening a Digital Bank Account or linking their existing account. Jio Money is the simplest way to pay online on stores and to recharge online using your Jio Money wallet. Jio Money has made payments more simpler and smooth. You can pay your bills online, recharge mobile and pay on digital stores all at one place which is Jio Money.
Talking at the launch in late April, Mukesh Ambani said that they have partnered with nearly 50,000 online merchants to accept JioMoney and the wallet will be available for use on Flipkart and Snapdeal. We should hear about more such collaborations in future with other large retail online marketplaces. All you just need to do these things is Jio Money. The app will offer cashback and coupon deals to use at merchants as well.
Jio Money – The Wallet of Digital India
“Demonetization”, the word that has shaken the nation. Overnight the country went from being a cash-rich economy to severely cash limited state. 500 to 1000 currency was devalued by the government and sent the indian population helter-skelter to exchange their in-hand cash for lower denomination currency or the new 2000 rupee notes. While the move is hailed by many as an effective way to battle the black money system, there is no doubt that the movie has left most of the middle and lower economic segments of India in a lurch.
First, the limitation of an amount under which you can withdraw only 2,000 (now it extended up for 2,500) and the second one is the big crowded line that will take hours of time to clear. Well, after hours of efforts you are just back to square one. Keeping the same in mind, every next person in the country nowadays is using such payment methods as well as many of them have started downloading these facilities/applications into their smartphones.
You may have seen the trend on e-wallets in India currently. Many like paytm, freecharge, flipkart (phone pe wallet), mobikwik have their own wallets. In the same way Jio money is a wallet by Jio where you can add money, make payments for bills, recharges, online transcations and offline merchant transcations.
Of your are one of those troubled by economic woes it is the right time to digitize yourself. Get yourself an e-wallet might be the best solution at this stage. While e-wallets were functioning fairly well in India before the cash crunch, now a new sense of urgency has set in. After comparing a few e-wallets in the market I’ve concluded that the JioMoney wallet is one of the better options out there. Here are a few reasons why:
- Any customer with a valid mobile number, registered with any telecom service provider can sign-up with JioMoney. You can download ‘JioMoney Wallet’ from Google Play Store or Apple App Store and install the app. Start the app, check the registration page and follow some simple steps to create your account.
- You can Recharge mobile, postpaind, landline
- Pay electricity bill, bescom, other utility bill payments.
- Load money and pay to the merchants which partnered with Jio Money like Bookmyshow, Dominoze etc.
- Transfer money from one Jio Money wallet to another
- Transfer money from Jio Wallet to Bank.
- Pay to merchants you transact face to face wherever merchant offers you this facility – this is going to be big.
- To make payments for Jio subscriptions like Jio play, Jio news stand, Jio mags etc
- Even if you lose your phone, your money is 100% safe. Nobody can access your JioMoney account, since only you can do so through your password and 4-digit mPIN. JioMoney locks your account for your own safety after 3 consecutive incorrect mPIN attempts. If you suspect unauthorized activity in your account, you can also suspend your JioMoney account and block payments by calling our customer service at 1800-891-9999 (toll-free) or write to [email protected]
Additionally, JioMoney offers two types of accounts:
- Basic Account: Transaction limit is capped at INR 10,000 per calendar month. No documents are required for ‘Basic Account’.
Advanced Account: Premium customers can keep up to INR 100,000 stored in their JioMoney account for any calendar month, however you can do unlimited transactions above INR 100,000 for that calendar month.
Jio Money 10% CashBack offer, what’s the deal?!
Jio Money is now offering 10% cashback on all transactions done via Jio Money wallet on mobile recharges, bill payments etc. Customers who essentially use cash for shopping can also avail the cash back by utilizing the cash loading points inside each store to pay via JioMoney & earn a cashback of 10% on the total invoice. This means so coupon code hassles that other e-wallets promise you and are usually expired. Just a 10% cashback on any transaction and this is the feature i live the most about JioMoney. The cashback will be credited in 2 working days and people struggling to find change for Rs.2000 will find relief with this offer as the stores are providing customers with cash loading points allowing them to shop & pay for items of any value.
You can utilise these loading points as and when you wish at any Reliance Fresh & Reliance Smart stores across India.
Need Cash? Head to Your nearest Reliance Store
Another great feature that JioMoney lets you have is that you can swipe your wallet and get change in return! Yeah, no more waiting in queues in front of ATMs, you can head to your nearest Reliance store and always have some cash in hand. In fact I’ve noticed how JioMoney was the first to come up with the scheme followed by other commercial chains.
Hence, the network of JioMoney has been growing at an exponential rate and so is the profit of companies rolling out these offers. Here we are making a note of those firms that are getting benefit from this new implementation of scrapping the old INR 500 and INR 1000 currency notes.
Besides these amazing offers, JioMoney has a host of great features like keeping a record of all your frequent transactions, bookmarking your repeat merchants and receiving personalised offers. India, it is time to go digital, it is time to get your JioMoney.